Thursday, May 6, 2010

Walk Watch at the Met


I hope everyone is having a great summer despite the 38˚ heat the people of Manila are not in favor of. So far, beach plans have been going dunzo here at home but I don't want to take dibs yet on having the suckiest summer ever. Haha.

Moving fashion-forward, I bet most of you saw a lot of coverage on the Costume Institute Gala Benefit held on the 3rd of May at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. As usual, a train of celebrities grazed the red carpet, most of whom embodied the night's theme--Amercan Woman: Fashioning a National Identity. But honestly, I think the gowns and dresses the celebrities donned last year were more striking.

My personal favorites from the bunch were Chloé Sevigny's baby doll dress--I love a textured, rich turquoise dress and baby pink lips, M.I.A.--despite the awkward pose she carried well Alexander Wang's intricate design, the sleekness of Dree Hemingway--those heels are futuristically TDF! Ofcourse, Sienna Miller never fails to be one of the top dressed; the cut and design were very flattering and lastly, Chanel Iman's ability to up-the-ante the jumpsuit with her youthful glow is a win! On a sidenote, I included Elizabeth Banks in the collage because her ostrich-feathered dress was reminiscent of what I wore to my junior prom.

It was quite sad though that this time around, the sought-after Olsen twins were no where in sight during the event. They better make up for their absence!

No comments:

Post a Comment